All Employer Sponsored Health plans providing prescription drug coverage to Medicare Part D eligible individuals are required to notify the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) of their coverage. This is regardless of the policy being considered creditable; or if it is primary or secondary to Medicare.
Employers must file their Disclosure Notice thru the CMS website annually. The information for submission is a simple process and the following information will be needed:
- Employer’s name, address and phone number
· Employer’s Federal Tax Identification Number (EIN)
· Type of coverage (most will be Group Health Plan: Employer Sponsored Plan or Local Government)
· Whether or not the prescription drug plans are creditable
· Name, title, and email address of individual authorized to file the Disclosure Notice (Group Contact)
· Date of disclosure to CMS
The Disclosure can be completed online at:
Lastly, as a reminder, in addition to the annual notice, employers are required to file a disclosure within 30 days of a plan termination or change in the creditable coverage status of any drug plan.