Water damage is consistently a common and severe cause of loss to homeowners. It is amazing to see the damage that water can do. Water carved the Grand Canyon – just think what it does to drywall or plaster!
The good news is that water damage losses can be prevented or mitigated by a properly installed automatic water shut-off device.
Many sources of water damage are in a typical home, including:
- Water line failures that supply washing machines, sinks, toilets, icemakers and wet bars.
- Plumbing or appliance failures to items such as icemakers, washing machines, dishwasher, water softeners or water filtration systems.
- Burst pipes due to freezing, age, lack of maintenance or improper installation.
- Water heater failures and leaks due to corrosion, typically within 8-10 years. They may show no outward signs of a problem prior to failure.
- Overflow of plumbing fixtures
- Faulty construction